Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Renewing friendships

At a shower yesterday for a young lady who's finally met her 'prince' I I saw two 'old' (as in not age by years gone by) friends.  What a joy!  First, because I didn't expect to see either one of them, and second, because they are both special to me in ways I can hardly express.

One had been the wife of a former pastor who has suffered much heartache, yet is such an inspiration to all who know her and her story - she is steadfast in her love for God, she is steadfast in her trust in God and she is steadfast in her faith.

The other friend was once my son's youth sponsor.  Through the  turbulent teens she and her husband along with many others gently guided our sons and daughters.

Both ladies have moved to different cities, but they still minister in their churches and communities.

Seeing them and talking with them was like a little piece of heaven.  It made me think what it will be like when we do get to heaven - renewing friendships with those who have gone before us as we together worship our Lord.

No comments: