Thursday, June 28, 2012

Irish Setter

Such fun at Bible Study last night.  We are going through Kevin Lehman's Have A New You By Friday.

We all had a chapter to read - Monday - and determine what personality we are.  He used the characteristics of dogs - Great Dane, Standard Poodle, Yorkie, and Irish Setter.  I had a similar class years ago where the characteristics were Lion, Beaver, Otter and Golden Retriever. 

I already knew I was an Irish Setter (aka Golden Retriever).  Loyal, dependable, get along with people.  I didn't like to see the bad things that are part of my basic personality.  Ex. - avoid conflict.

Wait a minute, I always thought that was a  good trait to avoid conflict.  Now I realize that I perhaps could have avoided years of fear and anger if I'd stood up to the Great Dane (aka Lion) in my life.  Another bad trait was tendency to be lazy - ouch!  In all truth how many times do I not do something because it just sounds like too much work.  Ex.  I saw on Pinterest today a way to make your own stepping stones at a fraction of the cost.  First the list of supplies - to this Irish Setter (Golden Retriever) - it was absolutely daunting.  Concrete?  Breaking a plate into small pieces?  I'm sure there were other things to the list - I just didn't bother to go any farther.

So these are two bad traits that I need to work on. 

Tune in next week for Tuesday's lesson.

No comments: