Friday, July 27, 2012

Confrontation

I have 9 grandchildren whom I love with all my heart.  2 of the 9 are often on my mind because I'm not sure of their commitment to the Lord.  Supposedly they have accepted Christ as their savior, but I don't see a lot of evidence of it.

Yesterday I received a "tweet" from one of them in which a four letter word I absolutely hate was used.  I wasn't sure how to respond, or even if I should respond.  Should I tell his mother and let her know what he wrote?  Should I just forget it and chalk it up to how young people talk these days?  Unsure of what I should do I decided to sleep on it for a day.

Sure enough in the middle of the night the Lord told me exactly what to do.  Often I do my best deciding on any given issue in the middle of the night.  I was told to write to him, express my love for him, but tell him that I don't wish to receive any more messages that use offensive words.

He's an upstanding young man and he texted me back, not apologizing, but reaffirming that he loves me and "love" was a four-letter word we could both agree on.

I retexted him and told him he is an upstanding young man and I appreciated his reply.  I hope my praise of him and my prayers for him will bear fruit sometime in the future.

No comments: