Monday, September 13, 2010

Quotes

From time to time in my reading I see a sentence(s) that really speak to me. Maybe they will speak to you, too.

From The Sun is Shining on the Other Side:
Only When we are uncovered to the grace of God can we be covered by the love of
God. There is no firmer ground than forgiveness.

From Gift of the Red Bird
I give permission to let the lives of others be their own.

Old saying:
Hold your friends close, hold your enemies closer

Grace is getting what you don't deserve
Mercy is not getting what you do deserve

From A Clearing in the Wild
Trouble is the needle God uses to stitch us into finer quilts.

From A New Song
Forgiveness is giving up my right to hurt you because you hurt me.

Theme of Jan Karon's books:
Lord, I pray I am a blessing to someone today.
The prayer that never fails - "Thy will be done"

Unknown source:
We often dislike a person not for what he is, but what we are.

Heard on the radio:

Unless you keep inside you what is above you, you will be influenced by what is around
you.

News Tribune article:

Don't tell God how big your problems are.
Tell your problems how big your God is.

That's enough for today. Blessings to you all.

1 comment:

Rachelle said...

I just love Jane Kirkpatrick and all her references to quilting in that series. I'm also a fan of Jan Karon. Thanks for sharing!