Tuesday, September 7, 2010

On Star Ready

You've heard the ads: On Star Ready!

We had a chance to use OnStar last week for the first time - well the first time for other than phone calls.

We are at the parking lot for the Showboat Belle in Branson.

Early, of course!

We exit car. FH closes the door and immediately says: The keys are in the car.

I'm thinking - call AAA, it's a good thing we're early, we'll have time for them to get here and open the car before we're due to board.

FH: Call OnStar!

Whoa! What a great idea! So, after giving my height, weight, and shoe size (not really, but they do ask a lot of questions to verify what car they are dealing with) the voice said:

In about 10 minutes your car will be opened. If not, call us back.

We're standing there, and about a minute later I looked - and Voila! the car was unlocked. We didn't hear the unlock happening at all.

So - here's to On Star!

This is a blatant ad for On Star - I wonder if they'll send me a check for free advertising?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love On Star too and it works great unless you lock your keys in the car and you are parked between two very tall building. At that point, you can hear the click and On Star is trying to inlock but no luck so you call your husband and ask him to drive by and hit the unlock button...works perfectly.
Jeanie

Unknown said...

We've been friends for sooooo long, but I have no idea who this "FH" person is (well, I do, but...) that you wait in line for ice cream with in Branson, or ... I have run out of guesses as to what "FH" stands for: Favorite Husband? No, wait - how about "Faulty Husband"?! That was NOT nice of me, not at all! Love ya, Bob! Love you, too, Ruth!
Sign me as half of:
Couple #1 or Couple #2 in St. Louis
AKA Pat :-) P.S. You have the privilege of being the FIRST person I have ever replied to via a blog, and this very moment as I hit "send". A moment in American history, not to be overlooked!!

Unknown said...

Yes Ruth, inquiring minds want to know ... what does FH stand for? My only gripe about on star is that when I try to use the phone, the recorded voice never understands my numbers, maybe I need speech therapy?