Monday, September 17, 2012

More than conquerors

Back in Lenexa arriving about 9:15.  The P.T. was here and she had J. sitting in a regular chair, going up and down stairs once, and even encouraging her to take short forays outside.  The nurse came next, and by the time she left J. was exhausted and slept in her chair.  I am tired, also.  I've gotten used to sleeping till 7:30 so I'm tired from my drive and early A.M. waking.

I've read my 5 chapters of the Psalms - today mostly about the I. remembering what God had done for them in bringing them out of Egypt and again, centuries later, losing all they'd been given in Israel.

Yesterday's sermon by a young evanagelist brought to mind a scipture that I've heard several times lately - Isa. 54:17 - "No weapon  forged against you shall prevail, and you will refute every tongue that accuses you".
What a powerful  verse - I don't know why it never caught my eye before.  I think of J. and all she's gone through for the past 8 mos. - Satan meant to bring her down - he has forged every weapon he could - infection, pain, helplessness, discouragement, but, Praise God, he has not prevailed.  She will recover and she will be a witness for what Godd has done in her life.

The second verse the evangelist cited - Rom. 8:37 - "In all things we are more than conquerors".  What is Paul talking anout?

Trouble - Hardshp - Persecution - Famine - Nakedness - Danger - Sword

None of the above can separate us from the love of Christ.

 He goes on

Death - Life - Angels - Demons - Present - Future - Any powers - Height - Depth - Anything in Creation

These cannot separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus!

WE ARE MORE THAN CONQUERORS!

No comments: